Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lifelogging Progress

My current project of moving old journals and such to Evernote continues apace. By the end of the eyar, I have confidence that I'll have the total framework established: one entry for every significant day of my life, along with navigational infrastructure like calendars and such.

As I write this, I have entered all my paper journals and other records from birth to August 1979, and mixed paper/electronic records from April 1991 to the present. I'm working both forward and backward to close the gap, which is a little under 12 years. I've been able to manage doing about one month each day, most days.

Here's something I'm pretty proud of (although as I say this, that question from Friends floats through my mind: "Is patheti-sad a word?"). This is one of my monthly index pages (April 2012 to be precise), with links to each daily page. The little pictures are there to give me a rough idea of work shift (day or evening), appointments, and other activities. Click to embiggen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Just came to your blog over a posting you've made in the Evernote forums.

Quick question: how exactly do you scan your paper documents, which hardware and software do you use?

I'm fascinated by the idea of lifelong journaling and will read more of your blog.

Best
Tiberius

Anonymous said...

Ha. Got my answer one blogpost later. :)

I have 3-4 Moleskine notebooks to scan, so I guess a 500 $ scanner would be overkill...