Monday, April 23, 2007

Fancy Footwork

Today at whirlpool, I had some fancy footwork done. No, not cool dance steps -- this foot work involved scissors, forceps, maybe even a scalpel, and lots of blood.

I'm not sure exactly what the nurse, Carol, was doing. She told me not to watch, and I followed her advice. (Thomas watched for a while, but then he said he was feeling a little queasy, so he looked away too.) Carol has such a gentle touch that I didn't feel much pain. When she was done, she put on a special dressing containing silver, which we aren't to change until we go back on Wednesday.

I'm choosing to take all of this as a positive sign.

While the actual process didn't hurt much, my foot has been hurting a bit more than usual ever since. I imagine it will settle down after a while -- but today I've been doing a lot of resting.

-Don

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silver eh?

So this may be when you start to turn into a Superhero?

Silverfoot? able to accessorize with any evening out wear?

Silvertoes? able to blind your opponent with your shiny toe?

HiHoSilver? able to wiggle/waggle your foot at the villian and have him just give up, seeing that you have such power?

Anyway Don, I am glad that you are moving along in your recovery. The pain is always worse before it is better.

Hugs!

Betts